Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The story of my foot


Ok, so here is one of the craziest things that has happened this year...



At the the end of September I was going down stairs (a little too fast) when I accidentally skipped the last few steps and landed on the inner part of my left foot. When I did this it pushed my bones over slightly to the left, messing up the ligaments. The doctor called it a Lisfranc injury. Anyway.. I ended up having surgery a week later. They ended up putting 3 screws on the right side and 2 pins in on the left side to hold it all in place. It was wrapped up for 2 weeks, then I had a cast put on it for another 4 weeks (all the time not being able to put any weight on it), which made doing anything VERY difficult! Luckily I have great friends and family that helped me out while I was healing. Finally I got a walking boot, which I am still using until the beginning of next year. In January I can start wearing an athletic shoe with a good arch support, then in the middle of January they are expected to take out all my "hardware"..



This has been quite the experience.. I don't think I would have been able to handle it without my incredible parents, my #2 Mom Gayle, Lesley and the kids, Barbara and Summer (my favorite neighbors)... THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! I love you!

4 comments:

Aaron and The Girls + Son said...

yuck!!! I did that when Rylee was almost 2. It hurts soo bad. But they never took my metal out I still have the screws and metal plate in there. Looking at those pictures I just cringe.

Summer said...

I just can't believe you could do something as klutzy as fall down the stairs and mess up your foot... what kind of people do that??? :)

Summer said...

OK.. one other thing. I LOVE the slide show and several of the pics cracked me up.. but in the shot of A. munching down on something in a restaurant, what's up with the dude in the background staring at the camera? Did you know him? Who does that?

Joe and Elisa said...

You go girl, keep up the good work! You're on a roll!